Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sneak Peek of Quiet Contemplation

Hi hope you have all had a great weekend. I got to do lots of crafty things after my H*******K so I am sharing with you a canvas I made for myself for my bedroom. This gives me the opportunity to share a new release from Delicious Doodles called "Quiet Contemplation". She is due for release Wednesday in the SHOP. I love her so calming and elegant.  I am going to make some miniature ones to accompany her. I dream of a grey and pink bedroom so this will inspire me to design my room.

I opened the image up in my Serif craftartist on a custom page 20cm by 20cm however the lines from the umbrella did not reach across the page so I extended them. I then printed the image out and coloured using just cosmic shimmers paints. I painted the canvas sides and back with an acrylic black paint. I modge podged the image to the canvas. I then added a few twigs I created using a Martha Stewart punch. The blossom on the twigs is the flower in her hair which I cut away from the image digitally and resized.

Challenges entered
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything goes
Come and get it Challenge - Anything but a Card
Stampalot Challenge - Whats Your Crafty Passion? I love using digital techniques with craft techniques. I have made this canvas using a digital image which I altered slightly and I have painted with cosmic shimmers and Acrylics and added a punch. 


Thanks for stopping by today I really appreciate your time and comments. I hope you are inspired too. Hugs Pascale

11 comments:

pinky said...

I just love your stunning creation. The colours are gorgeous as is the background you have created. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Linda w said...

She is stunning, what a beautiful card you have made. I'll be over for her when she's in the shop. Hugs lin

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful colors and design!!

Leslie McGhee said...

Just a lovely picture...it is calming and well done. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Fantastic canvas Pascale, will look lovely in your room!

Thanks for sharing your "Anything but a Card" project with us at Come And Get It Challenge!

Shell~Alaska♥

brenda said...

What a fabulously inspirational piece of artwork Pascale and the fusion of colours are quite stunning.

Thank you so much sharing a lovely work with us at Stampalot challenge this month.

B x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great colours i'm sure there will be some great decorating inspiration to be had from this

Emma x

Jingle said...

This is SO pretty! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

cheiron said...

What a gorgeous piece! Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

ike said...

FABULOUS Pascale -- it's really beautiful :-) xxxxx

Ildiko Cseh said...

I just LOVE this canvas so sooooooooo inspirational and the colours just AWESOME
All your creations just stunning
hugs
Ildz