Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Try Something New

Hello the sun is shining yay!!!! I am here to share a canvas I have made for the Delicious Doodles Challenge. This week we have a bit of a scary challenge. It was to try something that we have not done before. We allow less than perfect entries (that includes my DT piece). I chose to do a canvas using a Mixed Media Technique.

I used Friends Forever from the Delicious Doodles Store. I love this image so so much. I coloured the image with promarkers and flexmarkers. I prepared the canvas by adding a layer of design papers. I then painted over with two different colours of acrylic paint. Next I prepared my image by adding a nice layer of Modge Podge to the coloured side of the image. I put it onto the canvas when the paint was completely dry. I then left it overnight to dry. I dabbed my fingers into water and rubbed the paper away from the image this takes a  little while but you get a lovely transfer once you have finished. I added a handmade beaded embellishement and some leaves.

I loved this technique and I will be using it lots in the future. I hope you have fun experimenting.

Thanks for stopping by today I really appreciate your time and comments. I hope you are inspired too. Hugs Pascale

2 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fantastic mixed media piece. I keep meaning to try one of the many transfer techniques that are out there. I've got some MP so will give this a go at some point.

Oh and don't come down to the coast today - it's raining (again) :(

Have a fab weekend

Claire xxx

Teri said...

Fabulous canvas hun. Wish I had the nerve to try something like it! Rain here too, gonna be wet walkies today xx