Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Crafts and Me - Use a stamp

Hiya I have been lost for a little while as to how to develop my crafting to maintain my mojo so I made a decision last week to start crafting for me as and when and how I want to get the most fullfillment from it.

I love watching Create and Craft on TV and gain a lot of inspiration from this programme. So inspired by Stephanies Weightmans fab One stroke painting and Sheena Douglas's idea of paint fusion I bit the bullet and today I created an altered notebook using acrylics, gesso and some really old stamps and a few tricks I learnt from the girls xxx

I firstly got the notebook which I have had in my stash for ages and I used a flesh coloured acrylic to coat it. I then mixed my gesso with some  paint and washed over the flesh colour. I then dried with my heat gun. 

I don't own any of the paint fusion stamps but I love the idea of it so having watched the demo's on the telly I created this little layout with my leaf stamps and my THUMB and TOP OF THE PENCIL RUBBER (blackberries). I am loving this one stroke folkart style of painting and must admit it is very addictive.

I used a promarker to create a bit more definition. The Sentiment is stamped in Distress ink which I added to the edges of the notebook too. My First attempt but I am quite chuffed with it x

This is a gift for a teacher who came with me to a paediatric assessment just to thank her for her help xxx

I am entering the Crafts and Me Challenge to stamp something x


Thanks for stopping by today I really appreciate your time and comments. I hope you are inspired too. Hugs Pascale

4 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Hi Pascale!! Just love it the colours are just so beautiful and such a gorgeous gift I'm sure it will be treasured!!

My word I'm loving your layouts each one is just so beautiful and I especially love the one with the PC image on its given me some great ideas and the need to scrap again as my last layout was last October and I said I would never give it up as I just adore it and love looking back through my work!!!

Will keep everything crossed for you and Jimmy will be thinking of you!!!

Love & Hugs Chanelle xxxxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Hi Hun
I think you and I are singing from the same page atm! I truly love this notebook and I'm sure the teacher will too.
Claire x

Riet said...

So gorgeous Pascale.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is awesome I love what you have done & very creative hun.....its fab!!
Thank you also for playing with us Rockin' Rubbah's over at Crafts & Me, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx