Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tag You're It - Inchie on a Tag!

Hi there a hetic start to the holidays for us. I picked the kids up on Friday at 12.30 from school and my son was itching his head quite furiously so I had to rush to the chemist and thereafter spend the afternoon delousing him and my three other children. Not a start I would of asked for.
Well yesterday was spent delousing again and we popped to the local park for a play. Today I visited a local farm in East London called Mudchutes Farm. It is 32 acres of Farm set in the centre of London. I loved it!!
Normally we go all the way to Godstone Farm as the kids love it there. I would advise the Mudchute Farm to get funding to build a ball pit and outdoor playarea and they could earn a packet from them. I am not sure they would be allowed as the farm is free and this may be why it gets funds from donations. Still I am sure we would visit regularly if these were in place. It has a riding school too which I was itching to find someone to ask all about as I was a keen horserider in my youth and would love to get back in the saddle.
Anyhow today at Tag You're it! we have a great little challenge for all you taggers. This week we want you to use an inchie on your Tags. This one got the better of me a little as I struggled to think of how I could incorporate an inchie. My fellow DT have produced some real stunners, well done girls.
I used my distress inks to create a background on a piece of  white scrap card. I stamped on some images from my Aspects of design stamps from  The Stampman which I have not used for ages. I then stamped them in a darker shade. I printed one of the images onto a square inch of card using distress inks and glazed with glossy accents. I stamped some of the texts from the set and some are from my texts box. I used my Martha stewart punch to punch a border and used raffia, string ,ribbon and buttons to create detail and added some wine cardstock. I enjoyed the challenge just not too sure if I carried it off as well as  I hoped.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hugs Pascale x

4 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Pascale,
This is a fantastic tag. I love the punched edge. The colours are fabulous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sarah A said...

Hi Pascale

That farm sounds fab! There are a few like that around here - Applejacks in Warrington and Smithills farm in Bolton to name a couple, bit too far for you to travel for a day trip though haha!

Gorgeous tag hun, love those warm colours! Love that cutie inchie too!

Glad you tackled the nitty problem, my oldest 2 had them about 8 years ago when I was pregnant with Yaseen. NIGHTMARE of NIGHTMARES I got them too arrrrgggghhhhh cos I was pregnant the chemist and doctor wouldn't give me anything, I was one step away from shaving my long hair off until someone recommended Tea Tree oil - thankfully it did the trick!!!

Sarah x

Meggymay said...

Super tag, love how you used the buttons as well.

Poppet said...

I think you carried it off really well. The inchie looks great and so does the rest of the tag. Glad you had a great day at Mudchutes and at least the delousing wasn't at the end of the hols before they had to go back to school. :-) xx