Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tag You're It - Inspired by.....

Aww did you see the football such a brilliant start for England and such a disaster by the goalie xxx Lets hope we fair better against Algeria and Slovenia hey.

This week at Tag You're it the theme is Inspired by.... We want to who inspires you in your artistic journey with papercraft.

I chose one of the genius artists of the impressionist era. My Mother is French so when I was small we spent a lot of time in Paris. I remember going to the Musee D'Orsay to see an Impressionist exibition and was gobsmacked by the fantastic artwork. Monet Stood out for me as outstanding.

As a teenager in art class we had to replicate "The Lillies" again I was so intrigued. Most recently I attented the stunning exhibition at The Royal Academy. SPEECHLESS!!!

So my favourite stamps are Sweet Pea Stamps and so I used this little beauty Spring Spread to make my tag. I decided to have a play with my copics and promarkers and I used the dotting technique. Loved doing this a real challenge but very enjoyable. I then used the white gel pen to try and create the texture that oils/acrylic would have. I mounted onto some card stock.

The sentiment I stamped seperately glued on and then coloured over. It is a marvellous sentiment. I added some faux stitching some string and spacers with gems attatched.





Inspired by Claude Monet


Cannot wait to see who inspires you. Thanks for stopping by I really appreciate it. Hugs Pascale xx

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Pascale,
This tag is awesome. I love the detail in your colouring on this sweet image. It is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Pascale this is stunning - the story behind it is just as fascinating! I agree Monet work is glorious x Janet

Anne said...

OMGoodness!!!! This is just AWESOME Pascale!! I think this is my most favourite thing you have ever done! WOW! Stunning stuff mate!! And how interesting, I had no idea your mother was French? Brilliant tag, and really exciting that it's going into the June swap!!!!!! :o) xxx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful tag, love the words

Poppet said...

Beautiful tag Pascale. The pen work is extraordinary. Thank you for giving us the background to your work. :-) xx

Maggie said...

This tag is very beautiful and lovely to read your inspiration background too soooooo glad I joined in the swap lol fingers crossed!!!

Maggie

Harriet H said...

Beautiful, beautiful....

Harriet

Sue said...

Hi Hun
gorgeous tag luv your colouring of it, very pretty, luv the story behind it, stunning work, sue,x

KymKreates said...

Fabulous, it is even more spectacular than what I saw as a sneak peak!!!!

Sam said...

It's great finding out what inspires other people but it's also fun discovering their thought process when creating something "inspired by..."

I truely love your tag, such beautiful colours and love how you incorporated the sentiment into the design, very clever!

Netty said...

Hi Pascale, love the way you have incorporated all the colours from the painting. Great. Annette x