Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Winter Wonderland meets Daring Cardmakers challenge

Hello the weather is gorgeous again here in London a true Indian Summer is really here! I made my gift box below as my DT piece for Winter Wonderland this week. Please hop over and take a look at the fab prize on offer and the other girls work as they are so talented.
I also want to enter this into the Daring Cardmakers challenge which is to use Tartan in your project. I hope it counts as it is a box and not a card.
I used a flower and a leaf stamp from MME bloom and grow stamp set I am loving this set so much. I coloured it to look like a poinsetta. I added some stickles and gems too. I made the bird using The Greeting Farms Vintage Birds set. I added Sakura pen for some sparkle. I used a sentiment from a personal impressions christmas set.
I cut in half a piece of A4 card vertically then I found the middle and scored. I then found the middle at each end and scored from this point to each corner of each half. You should form a diamond shape on the whole piece of card. I folded using a bone folder to create sharp edges. I then ran a cuttlebug swiss dots folder over the card. I added random stickles to create a snowy look. I punched holes in the sides and used my tartan bow to fasten and added my stamped decorations.

13 comments:

Janice said...

Lovely gift box and the tartan ribbon just finishes it off.

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is fabulous Pascale ;-) I have read your instructions twice and don't get it lol ;-) I wish you had done a tutorial ! ;-) i love this card ,, the embossing is just perfect ! just wonderful ! ;-)

will now go an mess with card and see if I can do it :-)
luv
lols x x

Lynda said...

Wow love your little gift box it's decorated beautifully and that Tartan ribbon is just gorgeous.

Love Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Its a lovely gift box - shimmery and sweet. :)

Vanessa.

Anonymous said...

Its a lovely gift box - shimmery and sweet. :)

Vanessa.

Teri said...

Hiya!
Great project - love Tartan - that ribbon is fab!
Glad you are back - we missed you!
Hugs,
Teri x

Victoria said...

very pretty love the shape x

Rachel said...

wow!! this is such a great gift box!
hugs,
Rachel

Kathy said...

Fab stuff Pascale - that big tartan bow is so eye-catching and such fun

Rika said...

Whwt a wonderful giftbox!

Teri said...

A beautiful gift box Pascale! I love the flower and bird .... and all the sparkle!

Teri xx

aardvarkpest said...

Wonderful gift box Pascale. Love the bird.

Glenda

Anonymous said...

wow what a great make! xx jo xx